Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Down below, our crew has written out some helpful tips to consider in the event of a water loss on your property in Houston. We urge everyone to read through it to familiarize themselves just in case. Being prepared is better than being caught off guard!
Of course, after a water damage event, you should call our SERVPRO of Kingwood & Humble team as quickly as possible! A speedy response to your property can save you a bunch of time and money during the mitigation and restoration process and prevent any further damage from occurring on your property.
If you have any questions or are in need of fire cleanup and restoration services, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO team a call today - (281) 219-8180.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (281) 219-8180
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.