Kingwood and Humble Home Health: Who to Call After A Flood
Who to Call After a Flood
Natural disasters leave people in shock; witnessing the devastation to neighborhoods and their homes causes a range of emotions, including helplessness. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed and not know how to regain your life. In the Houston metropolitan area, we experience torrential downpours, hurricanes, high winds, and flash floods causing moderate to severe water damage to homes and businesses throughout the Kingwood and Humble areas. However, no matter how extensive the flood damage, support, and help is available to you. Read on, and print out for future reference, who you can call in times of need.
The first step is to develop a communication plan for you and your family that can be activated quickly during a crisis. Remember, in hours immediately following a crisis or widespread natural disaster, mobile phone lines are often congested, and often texts are the quickest means of communication. If you don’t have a communication plan, use this as a guide:
- Out of Area Family and Friends. Contact family and friends out of your area to give them your status and let them know when you will contact them again for an update. Facebook now has an emergency status update as well. If you are in an area where a disaster has struck, Facebook will have a “check-in” message that will allow you to update your status as “safe”.
- Local Family and Friends. In a widespread disaster like a flood, hurricane, or other weather event, your local contacts may also be struggling. Together you can be stronger, and help one another find the solutions needed to survive the immediate impacts of a natural disaster.
- Insurance Agent. If your Houston area home has experienced flood damage, regardless of severity, call your insurance agent immediately. Often, after natural disasters strike, insurance companies will dispatch additional adjusters and agents to help expedite the claims process. SERVPRO of Kingwood and Humble works directly with your insurance company throughout the cleaning and restoration process.
- Employer/Employees. Don’t forget to contact your employer or employees after disaster strikes. Expect everyone to be overwhelmed; work together to cover the needs of the business, while allowing everyone to tend to their personal recovery as well.
- Houston SERVPRO. We stand at the ready to help our friends, neighbors, and members of surrounding communities get back on their feet fast after a flood, fire, or other disaster. Locally owned and operated, we have the expertise and tools required to effectively handle damage to your home. From water extraction to complete restoration, we are here for you. Call us, after you’ve notified the folks above, and we will do our best to bring your home or business back to its original state.