Houston Mold Damage - Speed is the Key!
Do you live in the Houston area? Do you suspect mold damage in your home? Are you aware that microbial growth does not necessarily mean mold-spores?
Identifying mold in your home is a sure sign that there is a water damage. Mold only grows when there is too much humidity or if the area is wet from flooding or a broken pipe. If the water is controlled then the mold won't be able to grow. But if you do find mold first, you must establish that mibrobial growth is a mold, and that it does not spread damaging more of the structure. Mold is a microscopic fungus that grows, especially in warm climates like Houston, and precise removal is a more complicated process. Often times you will see the ugly spores accumulating in the more moist and humid areas of the home or building. More often than not, this type of rot may also produce a smelly odor. It is very important to remember if you notice a foul smelly odor (that persists) and you cannot pinpoint the cause, its a good rule of thumb to contact a professional service to investigate and rule out mold-damage.
There are more than a dozen types of possible microbial growth that thrive in the Houston area, in order to identify and form a treatment plan your first step is to consult an environmental hygienist. An Environmental Hygienist is a professional who is trained, certified, and experienced in the professional practice of environmental hygiene. Your local SERVPRO will have names and numbers of a Hygienist in your area. This individual will thoroughly inspect the interior and exterior of your building structure. If needed, they will also expertly oversee any treatment your home requires. SERVPRO of Kingwood/Humble will clean up the mold according to the scope of work handed to them by the Environmental Hygienist.